Friday 21 May 2010

Going Batty

I have had my new Louet drumcarder (which I utterly adore) for 8 days now, I ran out of fibre by the 4th. I must have carded about 2kg at least of fibre and have ended up with over 14 large batts, at least 20 mini batts and 10 micro batts. I'm realy enjoying experimenting with all the colours and textures, i found the colour blending exceptionally satisfying. I have also discovered that taking picture of batts that accurately represent their colour is a lot trickier than I would have previously suspected, does anyone know any good tips or tricks for taking good batt photos?
firstly, to avoid confusion, you should probubly know that I always name my yarns and fiber blends, always have, don't ask me why though because I'm not sure myself. so that over with, on with the batt parade... Scummow (Cornish for things washed in by the sea)

lavender fields


one of my Hotchpotch batts


Cheshire cat

Clowning around

Apart from a few choice items I am saving for a special occasion and what’s left of the fibres too fine to blend on their own, my entire stash has gone through it. I must say though, that even though its arrival was delayed by a couple of weeks (props for the folks at Scottishfibers, whose customer service was excellent) I have had an immense amount of fun with it so far and am now impatiently waiting for tomorrow as it is Wingham wool works annual migration to Parr (a little village by the sea in west Cornwall) where they will be setting up shop for 2 days, therefore a perfect opportunity to buy more fibrey goodness to feed my drumcarder.

No comments:

Post a Comment