Monday 31 May 2010

Full of Fibre

Good news everybody, some of the fibre I dyed on Friday is dry, I’m sure the suspense is killing you so without further adieu bring on the eye candy...


This is the merino top that was painted blue, purple, green and yellow. I'm really happy with it, it looks really good. Not sure if I’m going to be able to bring myself to blend it, it may just get spun as it would be such a shame to spoil the beautiful colour sequence.
this one is kettle dyed Blue faced Leicester, half of it is olive green and the other half washed out denim
and this is nylon top, dyed in the same vat as the blue faced Leicester. it only went in two colours though (one blue, one green) but somehow came out with these amazing golden orange streaks all the way through it, no idea how that happened but it looks lovely.




 


Also, The chick's finally deigned to be photographed, if rather fuzzily, suffice to say that there are 12 of them (yes we have another one as of this mornings count) and being hyperactive little balls of fluff they refused to stay still, even for the 0.01 of a second it takes for the shutter to close.

Ive been busy finishing off projects over the weekend, my version of a spring clean, well, more like a summer clean but you get the idea. so far I've finished my low twist thick and thin yarn which has been sitting around gathering dust and hogging my mid weight spindle for about a month, haven't decided what to call it yet, possibly tutti fruity. I've also finished the last 50g of yarn for my hat (ran out at the end of the pattern, apparently 100g didn't quite cut it), after struggling to find the colour of merino again (4 orders before i got it right) it has come out a completely different colour as i haven't managed to put quite the same amount of nylon into the blend. ah well, c'est la vie, at least it will look very individual.  

No comments:

Post a Comment