Saturday 3 July 2010

Being Brave

Ive been at the drum carder again, having fun with the lovely hand dyed merino fleece that i was saving for a special occasion (well, until i was brave enough to put it through anyway).
Desert Sun. isn't it lovely, makes me want to go on a long Holiday somewhere hot. A friend of mine goes to Dubai once a year and when he comes back he always paints these amazing golds and cinnamon's and bright intense blues, maybe I'll one day go there and experience all those beautiful colours he loves so for myself.

this batt was so pretty i decided it deserved two pictures.

Today it the beginning of the Tour De France and (for those of us on Ravlery anyway) that means the beginning of the Tour de fleece challenge, which may possibly be my favourite spin-a-thon. I've been rummaging through my stash of fiber to come up with some beautiful fiber to spin, so expect an influx of lovely new yarns in the next few weeks. like this lovely falkland number (freshly spun today)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment