Friday 4 June 2010

Merino Medly

Cor, today is a real scorcher, its almost too hot to sit in the sun and then only for a short while. on the up side the last of the fibre is dry! thanks mainly to the sun and a now rather damp towel.
This fleece is gorgeous, its so deliciously soft. I also love the bubblegum colours which came out really well, especially considering it could have done with more time in the dye. the candyfloss pink is Falkland and the beautiful turquoise is blue faced Leicester.
this is my colourway called desert (the arid wasteland not the pudding), and though it didn't quite come out as i imagined it (though to be fair, that's half the fun of it) its going to make a wonderfully soft  batt (or two if i lucky)
I think my favourite (if i had to pick one) is this kid mohair, I'm severely wishing id dyed two bags instead of just the one. I can't wait to blend this, its going to be so beautiful.
the silk cocoons (my favourite silk preparation) are so soft, they are going to be really nice to spin. I think i may have to think up something special to spin with them.
and last but not least, 100g of wool neps (in my opinion, an essential ingredient in a textured batt) and in case your wondering, no they didn't go back in the bag they came out of. these dried surprisingly quickly (they would have been dry at the same time as top if i hadn't run out of mesh bags and resorted to putting them in a colander).

I went mad with the camera yesterday and suffice to say that the super macro setting and i are now firm friends. Ive put several of the best on my flicker, but this picture is by far my favourite (just in case you can't guess what it is, its the flower bud of a walking/Egyptian onion), I love the way all the stalks seem to be reaching towards something unseen. life should be like that, always reaching to grasp the unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment